Dental implants are artificial roots and teeth that are surgically placed into the upper or lower jaw bone. The teeth attached to implants are very natural looking and will enhance or restore a patient’s smile!
Dental implants may seem new, but they’ve actually been used successfully for more than 25 years. In that time, millions of people have had their lives and smiles transformed with dental implants.
Reasons for dental implants:
- Replace one or more missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth.
- Resolve joint pain or bite problems caused by teeth shifting into missing tooth space.
- Restore a patient’s confident smile.
- Restore chewing, speech, and digestion.
- Restore or enhance facial tissues.
- Support a bridge or denture, making it more secure and comfortable.
Dentures and Dental Implants
There are many people that struggle with poor-fitting dentures that never seem to stay in place and limit their ability to enjoy food. One or more dental implants can secure new full or partial dentures or fix the problem of older dentures that don’t fit properly. By securely attaching your denture to the implants, you will gain not only stability but also confidence in your dentures.
If you have questions about dental implants or would like to schedule a consultation, please contact our office.